Injectable fillers can be used to restore lost volume or enhance certain features to provide an improved appearance. Volume loss may be a result of the natural aging process, genetic predisposition, extreme fitness, or certain illnesses and medications, among other things. Whatever the reason for your volume loss (or perhaps lack of volume in the first place), fillers can be used to provide a natural-appearing improvement in your appearance. At Clarity Dermatology, we strive to achieve noticeable results that do not draw negative attention; this means natural-appearing results that enhance you without looking overly “done.”
Areas That Dermal Fillers Can Treat
- Cheeks: loss of bony structure around the eye and cheekbone may lead to sagging in the face and prominent folds around the mouth (nasolabial folds, marionette lines)
- Lips: may be used to enhance or restore lip volume, as well as improve the appearance of lines around the mouth
- Tear troughs: lost volume around the eyes/eyelids
- Temples: lost volume in the temples, which can sometimes create an appearance of tiredness
- Hands: volume loss on the backs of the hands can result in prominent veins, bones, and tendons, contributing to an aged appearance
Extremely versatile, there are numerous filling agents on the market today. At Clarity Dermatology, we only use FDA-approved fillers that have demonstrated long-term safety and efficacy. The FDA- approved fillers available in the United States are generally made from hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, or poly-L-lactic acid. These fillers are approved for improvement of volume loss and lines in the face and hands lasting for 6-24 months.